Since social distancing measures for Covid-19 and restrictions on daily activity were introduced, all non-urgent “face to face” dental activity at dental practices in the East Midlands has stopped.
People seeking help with dental problems should not visit a local NHS dental practice in person but instead phone, between the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday, for advice on alternative arrangements in place. Or contact NHS 111 evenings after 5pm, weekends and bank holidays. The few patients in need of urgent treatment will be referred on to an urgent treatment centre and given instructions on how to access this.
Mental Health Services in Derbyshire during COVID-19
- Mental Health Support Line: 0300 790 0596 (7 days a week 9am – midnight) and provides support for people of all ages.
- IAPT is still supporting people, on a remote basis. Further information including how to refer can be found here.
- Free online counselling from accredited counsellors is available with no referral needed. Kooth is for 11-25 year olds and Qwell is for parents and carers who have a child aged under 18 years old.
- Self-help, wellbeing and other support information is available for people all of ages and professionals via the Derby and Derbyshire Emotional Health and Wellbeing website with further information for adults available on the Joined Up Care Derbyshire website.
Chesterfield Citizens Advice
Our Citiziens Advice Workers that hold clinics here in surgery are currently working from home and therefore we cannot book appointments with them for our patients. However if you do need some help or advice you can contact the Citizens Advice team on 0300 456 8437.
Their advice line is open 10am-2pm Monday to Friday, and they have extra advisers logged in to take your call while their outreaches and offices are closed.
Nationally, the Citizens Advice website has lots of information on a wide variety of topics:
Changes to Integrated Sexual Health re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
There have temporarily been some changes to the integrated sexual health services in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and to protect their staff, patients and local communities.
At this time, you are unable to use the "walk-in" service at the Wheatbridge clinic in Chesterfield, only urgent booked appointments and emergency coil fittings will take place in the clinic. All patients will be triaged via the information and booking line: 0800 328 3383.
The Saturday clinics and community sexual health (peripheral) clinics are currently closed.
If you need Sexual Health advice during this time visit Your Sexual Health Matters website www.yoursexualhealthmatters.org.uk for:
- Sexual Transmitted Infection (STI) & HIV testing (including testing and treatment for chlamydia). For asymptomatic patients and symptomatic patients.
- Oral Contraception
The following services are currently suspended until further notice:
- Vasectomy services
- Psychosexual Counselling
- Sexual Health Promotion
- All routine LARC services, including replacements and new fittings. People will be advised during telephone triage of bridging methods (postal condoms will be coming online imminently, so we can signpost to people to oral contraception online and the postal condoms-both can be ordered via our website).
- Pregnancy & TOP advice. All patients will be signposted to the acute services.